History of Acheson & Graham Garden of Prayer Mortuary
In 1929, John Acheson, a minister, and Wilber "Bill" R. Graham, a funeral director from Los Angeles, formed Acheson & Graham Mortuary on the corner of 4th and Main Street in downtown Riverside, California. In 1958, Garden of Prayer Mortuary was established at 7944 Magnolia Avenue in Riverside.
In 1973, the two locations merged and formed Acheson & Graham Garden of Prayer Mortuary. The mortuary at 4th and Main was bought by the city to form the Convention Center at Rain Cross Square, and Acheson & Graham moved to the Garden of Prayer location on Magnolia Avenue.
John Acheson and Bill Graham began their business with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. Everyone at Acheson & Graham Garden of Prayer Mortuary is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.