History of Aycock Funeral Home
Founded by G. Wade Aycock, the first Aycock Funeral Home opened its doors at 505 South Federal Highway in Stuart, Florida, on December 14, 1968. Mr. Aycock established a very demanding, yet sensitive, belief in providing the finest quality of professional services to every family served. The reputation that was built in those early days continues today. Over the years, chapels were added in Port St., Lucie, Jensen Beach and Jupiter, as well as an on-site crematory at the Stuart location. Fernhill Memorial Gardens and Wallace & White Funeral Home, another long-standing funeral establishment, were added in Stuart.
Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, covering 41 acres, has met the needs of Treasure Coast families since its founding in 1954. Starting with only ground spaces, we have added mausoleums, niches, cremation gardens, lawn crypt burial gardens and an upright monument section. Within the gardens, there are 11 statuary features including the most prominent one – the “Arch and Cross,” which is located on the highest point in the center of the cemetery.
As part of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers, Aycock Funeral Homes joined Hillcrest Memorial Gardens in Fort Pierce, Florida, and added Riverside Memorial Park in Tequesta, Florida. In 1996, Aycock opened our fifth funeral home, located on the grounds of Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, creating an environment where families can have their funeral and cemetery services at one convenient facility. In 1998, Hillcrest Memorial Gardens dedicated a garden exclusively for cremation arrangements. In 2007, we added the Dignity community mausoleum, which includes crypts and niches. In 2008, Oak Estates, a hedged family estate garden, was opened. These additions aid in our ongoing commitment to provide the best services available to meet the burial and funeral needs of the community.