In 1931, Silvio and Fiore Bagozzi, believed to be the first registered twin funeral directors in the country, founded Bagozzi Twins Funeral Home in a small building on the 2200 block of Milton Avenue in Solvay. A few short years later, they moved to the next block into a house. The first floor was their funeral home and Silvio and his wife, Elizabeth, lived upstairs, where Stephen D. Bagozzi was born in 1939. After purchasing another building in 1945, Silvio and Fiore moved their business to its present location at 2601 Milton Avenue.
Stephen D. Bagozzi attained his license in 1963 after serving in the U.S. Air Force. Silvio passed away in 1965, leaving Stephen and his uncle, Fiore, to operate the business. In 1969, Stephen took over the business, renovated the building and added on to it. Over the years, adjoining properties were purchased to provide ample off street parking for visiting families and friends. In 1988-89, with a strong belief in reinvesting in the business to provide the best service and care possible for every family, another addition and major renovation occurred to improve the funeral home. Stephen S. Bagozzi, the third generation of family funeral directors, attained his license in 1990.
In 1995, the Bagozzi Twins Funeral Home joined the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Stephen S. Bagozzi, known to many as "Si," assumed management of the location in 1999. He continues a fine tradition of exceptional customer service and satisfaction based on sincerity, innovation and a belief that the "little things" matter.