Belcrest Memorial Park and Mausoleum is located on gentle green rolling hills, atop a bell-shaped crest overlooking the Willamette Valley in South Salem. Beautiful landscaping, including hundreds of varieties of trees, shrubs and flowers, enhance the natural beauty of the Park’s 70 acres. Belcrest was a tulip farm before the founding of the memorial park. Black and white photos of the property at that time are on display in our small museum including records of funerals of many state Governors, Senators, Representatives, and many other prominent members of the community.
Since its establishment in 1928 by W.A. Laidlaw as one of the first and largest endowed care memorial parks on the West Coast, Belcrest has served the memorial needs of the surrounding community. We have served the Salem Area for 82 years and continue to be one of the premier cemetery and mausoleums on the west coast. Many of our employees have been with us for more than 25 years. Our heritage speaks for itself.