History of Berry Lynnhurst Funeral Home
Our tradition of honest and caring professional service has been passed down through four generations of the Berry family. It is the foundation on which a solid reputation has been formed. The Berry name has been synonymous with traditional funeral service in Knoxville since 1928, when Ralph L. Berry opened the Ralph L. Berry Funeral Home in the old South Knoxville Baptist Church on Sevier Avenue. With Fred Berry's desire to expand into other areas of Knoxville and the new affiliation in 1992 between Berry Funeral Home and Lynnhurst Cemetery, construction began on Berry Lynnhurst Funeral Home in 1993.
Berry Lynnhurst Funeral Home was the first funeral home to be built on cemetery grounds in North Knoxville, and remains the only combination funeral home and cemetery in North Knoxville. The convenience of taking care of all your funeral or cremation needs at one facility has been well received by the Knoxville community. Berry Lynnhurst Funeral Home and Lynnhurst Cemetery, serves more than 500 families every year.
The beautiful 130-acre cemetery provides a perfect setting for the funeral home. The chapel was dedicated on September 11, 1994 in honor of G. Edward Berry. Founded in 1922, Lynnhurst Cemetery originally was named Resthaven Cemetery.