Blake-Lamb Funeral Home has been a part of the Oak Lawn community since its founding in 1961 by M.J. Lamb and his two sons, Matt Jr. and Richard.
The history of Blake-Lamb begins in 1880 at Canalport and Jefferson with the brothers Michael and Thomas Blake. In 1928, after the death of Michael and his son, Thomas Blake, Matthew J. Lamb, Jr. and his wife, Margaret purchased the business from the heirs of Tom Blake. Matt had been working in the livery business with his father, servicing the Blake Funeral Home as well as many other funeral homes in Chicago at that time.
In 1960, ground was broken at 4727 West 103rd Street in Oak Lawn to create a third location. With the opening of this chapel in 1961, came the award from the Preferred Funeral Directors International of the "Nation’s Most Outstanding Funeral Home of the Year."
We are honored to have received the Pursuit of Excellence Award from National Funeral Directors Association, the Joseph of Armithea Guild Award from the St. Vincent DePaul Society and several awards and accommodations from the police and fire departments in appreciation for donation of services for officers lost in the line of duty.
Today, we are a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are committed to exceeding expectations and delivering a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed.