History of Brown Funeral Home-Grand Blanc Chapel
In 1939, Brown Funeral Home was founded by Russel F. Brown. Located on the corner of Davison Road and Iowa Avenue in Flint, Michigan. Its simple two-story location grew to become one of the largest funeral homes in Genesee County.
In 1997, we built a new facility on East Hill Road in Grand Blanc. The new facility incorporates a modern design with viewing rooms, a spacious chapel, hospitality room and offices that are all located on one level for the convenience of our guests.
As Genesee County has changed over the years, so have we. In 2007, we decided to centralize the Brown Funeral Home into the location in Grand Blanc. Our expanded offerings include cremation, floral services, memorial markers, and advance arrangement of services.
We’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and customer satisfaction.