History of Calvary Hill Funeral Home
Calvary Hill Funeral Home was constructed in 2001, but its history goes back to the beginning of Calvary Hill Cemetery. The cemetery grounds were purchased by the Catholic Diocese under the direction of Bishop Joseph P. Lynch from the Letot family. The first interment in the newly established cemetery was on December 18, 1926. Staffed with bi-lingual funeral directors, our facility features four staterooms, a hospitality room and a comfortable chapel that will seat 150 people
Practically all religious orders of the area have designated sections in Calvary Hill for burial. Some of the oldest and most prominent Catholic families in the region have members interred at Calvary Hill. The cemetery's beautiful altar with the crucifixion scene, erected in 1930, expresses the theme the park, “Calvary Hill.” The annual All Souls' Day and Memorial Day masses were celebrated at this alter until 1967, when they were moved to the new mausoleum chapel. Calvary Hill's first mausoleum was built and dedicated by Bishop Thomas K. Gorman in December of 1966. It is adorned with stained glass windows, providing a peaceful place for reflection. The mausoleum may also serve as a chapel for committal services, whether interred or entombed. We offer both flush-to-the-ground and upright monuments.
Calvary Hill is one of four cemeteries owned by the Catholic Diocese of Dallas. The others include Old Calvary Hill Cemetery, Sacred Heart Cemetery and Holy Redeemer. We are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library.
As North America's largest network of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.