Caughman-Harman Funeral Homes were founded in 1966 when Steve Caughman, owner of Sale Funeral Home, and Harry Harman, owner of Harman Funeral Home, both of Lexington, merged their businesses. The Lexington Chapel resides in a beautiful pre-Civil War structure that was built in 1850 and was known as the John Meetze House. The second chapel was established in 1974 in Chapin.
In 1985, the Bush River Chapel merged with Bush River Memorial Gardens to form Caughman-Harman’s first combination funeral home and cemetery. After seeing a need to expand to serve the community in an even greater capacity, the West Columbia Chapel was constructed in 2005 and merged with Southland Memorial Gardens to establish our second combination funeral home and cemetery.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.