Coble Funeral Service was established in 1936 by Randolph Ladd Coble, Sr. and his wife, Iona, at 416 Walnut Street, Wilmington NC, following the purchase of Harrell Funeral Home. They created a thriving funeral service, committed to service, excellence and quality. A new funeral home building was constructed and opened for operation at 3915 Oleander Drive in June of 1961.
In 1965, Coble Funeral Service designed and constructed the Oleander Memorial Gardens Cemetery at Bradley Creek. Shortly after, a second funeral home was built in Supply, North Carolina to better serve the citizens of lower Brunswick County.
In 1985, the business merged with former Ward-Smith Funeral Home and Greenlawn Memorial Park Cemetery. At that time, we became Coble Ward-Smith Funeral and Cremation Service in affiliation with Greenlawn Memorial Park and Oleander Memorial Gardens.
Today, we are a member of the Dignity Memorial® network, North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services.