Cole Funeral Home’s history began long before Charles Cole merged the regions historic firms of Amsler Funeral Home and Lee Funeral Home back in 1978.
Amsler Funeral Home actually began in 1882 when Samuel Amsler purchased the business’ original town lots. In 1886, William Lee started Lee Funeral Home, and over the years, successive generations of the Lee family ran the business, including William’s son, G.W. Lee, Sr., and grandson.
Charles Cole began working for S. Amsler and Co. in 1954, and purchased Amsler Funeral Home in 1968. In 1978, he purchased Lee Funeral Home and merged these two historic firms.
In 1976, Dale Evers, began working at Amsler Funeral Home while still in high school. In 1977, he enrolled in McMurry University, then McMurry College in Abilene, Texas. After graduating in 1982, he enrolled in Dallas Institute of Funeral Service, graduating in 1983. Upon his graduation he returned to McGregor and Cole Funeral Home. Today, he is still active in the day-to-day operation, and proudly maintains our firm’s tradition of excellence.