In 1958 Cumberland Memorial Gardens purchased 12 acres of dairy farm land along Old McFarland Road from Mr. and Mrs. Edgerton. Cumberland Memorial Gardens was the first independently owned cemetery in Fayetteville as well as the first to offer mausoleum entombment for the general public. Although the city cemetery holds many of Fayetteville’s founding fathers, Cumberland Memorial Gardens has several sections devoted to their children and grandchildren.
Another 3 acres was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. Bryan in 1980 to allow for the expansion of the Chapel Mausoleum as well as the construction of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum.
Today we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.