Davis-Morris Funeral Home was established in 1924 as Austin-Morris Funeral Home. When two of the original owners sold their shares, Ed Davis became the sole owner, re-naming the business Davis-Morris Funeral Home. In 1972 Davis passed away and partners Melvin Storm and Groner Pitts continued the business as Davis-Morris Funeral Home.
Operations began at the 800 Center Ave. location in 1947. Melvin Storm and Groner Pitts remodeled the facilities several times. While working at the funeral home, they both lived upstairs with their families.
Wendell Dodds, who began his career with Davis-Morris in high school, bought into the funeral home in 1973.In 1982 Davis-Morris underwent a large renovation, adding a 300-seat chapel to serve the growing community. Davis-Morris is proud to provide quality service and value to Brown County families.