History of Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel
Parkview Cemetery, located next to Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel and Crematory, has been a part of the Peoria, Illinois., community since its founding in 1921 by a group of local businessmen headed by C. T. Hutchison. The Davison Funeral Home was established in 1938 by Delbert and Helen Davison at 813 S. Western Avenue on the south side of Peoria.
Following the unexpected death of Mr. Davison, the business was purchased by George Fulton in July 1968. This facility continued to serve the community until it was destroyed by fire. A new chapel was constructed at 1203 W. Garfield Ave. in Bartonville in 1973. At that time the business name was changed to Davison-Fulton Funeral Chapels. To better serve families on the north side of Peoria, the Woodland Chapel was established at 2021 N. University Street in 1980. In 1984, the Robert Anderson Funeral Home in Chillicothe was purchased from Mr. Anderson's wife, Wilma, following his death. This facility was renamed the Davison-Fulton-Anderson Chapel. In 1989, the chapels joined the Dignity Memorial® network.