History of Dorsey-E. Earl Smith Memory Gardens Funeral Home
Lake Worth Memory Gardens opened on 10th Avenue in 1952 at the current location of Dorsey-E. Earl Smith Memory Gardens Funeral Home. The original property consisted of 60 acres. Dorsey Funeral Home opened in 1972 on South Congress Avenue in Lake Worth. In 1994, we were acquired by an affiliate of Service Corporation International, and ultimately became part of the Dignity Memorial® network.
E. Earl Smith and Son Funeral Home was originally located on South Military Trail and North Dixie Highway in Lake Worth, Florida. In 2000, it merged with Dorsey Funeral Home. In 2002, a 3,400-square-foot administrative area was added to the present location and the name was changed to Dorsey-E. Earl Smith Memory Gardens Funeral Home and Cemetery. Today, the Dorsey family still remains active in the operations of the funeral home.