Draper Mortuary was founded in 1898 by James Barnum Draper. “J. B.”, as he was best known, migrated to the west-end valley of San Bernardino County from Ontario in the late 1800s. A tailor by trade, J. B. was one of the original city founders. He opened a tailor shop on Euclid Avenue, and purchased the existing funeral home next door to his store from Diebert and Geaser. Today, Draper Mortuary is one of the oldest businesses in Ontario.
J. B. built a new modern funeral parlor in the downtown district at the turn of the century. In 1929, the firm was incorporated in the state of California as the J. B. Draper Co. Our current facility was built in 1962 and is located immediately adjacent to Bellevue Memorial Park, the community’s only cemetery.