History of East Lawn Funeral Home
East Lawn Memorial Gardens has been a part of the Bloomington, Illinois, community since its founding in 1933. East Lawn Funeral Home was founded by Harold Bathe, who also owned and operated East Lawn Memorial Gardens. The funeral home was originally located on East Empire in Bloomington, Illinois, but in the 1980s, Mr. Bathe moved the funeral home to the current location on Airport Road. With the funeral home and cemetery on the same premises, it was possible to provide for every family's needs from one location.
In its very earliest days East Lawn Funeral Home also housed a second trade, East Lawn Ambulance Service. A service to McLean County, the East Lawn Ambulance Service provided routine medical and trauma transports, and also transported people in need to and from nursing homes, hospitals and doctor visits. In the mid-90s, East Lawn was acquired by Mark White and his family.
Today, East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens Cemetery is a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are able to accommodate our families' needs by offering a wide selection of funeral and cremation options, as well as a service that assists with flight arrangements, overnight stays and local transportation needs for those traveling from out of town.