East Lawn Memorial Park was begun in 1954 by Cooks Valley natives C. H. Bostic and Sylvia Spahr, who owned a large portion of land on the road now known as State Route 126 or Memorial Boulevard. The women put their farms together and formed the cemetery.
In the 1970s, East Lawn Funeral Home was designed and built on the cemetery property, merging two businesses into one for the convenience of area families.
An affiliate of Service Corporation International purchased East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park in 1994. The heart of the business remains the same as in the early 1950’s: local people serving local families.
In addition to serving our families in their time of need, East Lawn keeps busy serving our local community through volunteer projects with The Indian Springs Optimist, The Kingsport Civitan, and Small Miracles. Projects of our own include, the candlelight service at Christmas and the Easter sunrise service, a tradition here since 1954.
Dignity Memorial is a brand name used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that comprise the Dignity Memorial network. Dignity Memorial is not a funeral establishment, nor does it provide funeral, cremation or cemet