History of East Lawn Palms Mortuary
In 1948, Grantwood Memorial Park was incorporated and notable Arizonans Ashby Lohse and Sam Goddard played an integral part of the future growth and development of the cemetery. Grantwood Memorial Park was purchased by Southwestern Cemeteries Incorporated and then by IFS in 1981. During this time, the name of the park changed to Tucson Memorial Park East Lawn. Palms Mortuary was established in the early 1960s.
During the early 1980s, both East Lawn Memorial Park and Palms Mortuary were purchased by an affiliate of Service Corporation International and a new funeral home was built and the name was changed to East Lawn Palms Mortuary & Cemetery. Today, as a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers, we are devoted to exceeding expectations and providing a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed.