Things to Remember for an Arrangement Conference
When the loss of a loved one occurs, there are many emotions and events that come together at a very difficult time. In order to better serve you and your family, the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers has created a listing of things to remember to ease the arrangement process and to honor your loved one’s memory and celebrate his or her life.
We recommend that you bring the following information with you to the funeral home at the time of your appointment:
1. Clothing, including undergarments. We have a selection of clothing available that may be purchased, if desired.
2. Eyeglasses and jewelry. These items may remain with your loved one or be removed and returned after the service.
3. One recent photograph for cosmetic purposes
4. Veteran’s discharge papers
5. Social Security number
6. Life insurance policies
7. List of six to eight pallbearers, if applicable
8. A collection of valued photographs to illustrate your loved one’s life through an Everlasting Memorial® Internet archive and a multimedia scrapbook of family memories
To facilitate death certificate requirements and placement of the newspaper notice / obituary, please provide the following information:
1. Mother’s full name (including maiden name)
2. Father’s full name
5. Work history
6. Church affiliation
7. Organizations or memberships
8. Special achievements
9. Names of surviving relatives and the cities in which they live. Include parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandchildren, grandparents, etc.
We are available to assist you with details including:
1. Date and time of the service
2. Coordination of services with the cemetery, crematory and airline if necessary
3. Family transportation
4. Monument and inscription services, where available
5. Flowers to complement the color of the casket and clothing
6. Everlasting Memorial Internet archive
7. Newspaper notices / obituaries
8. Filing of the death certificate and ordering certified copies of the death certificate
Our staff will also assist you in filing for:
1. VA benefits
2. Social Security benefits
3. Life insurance benefits
Our sincere commitment is to make things a little easier for you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything special we can assist you with during this difficult time.