Foley Funeral Home was founded in 1885, originally as a livery service and casket maker known as Whitcomb’s Livery on Roxbury Street in Keene. The owner of the livery was a cousin of the Foley family who came into the business about 25 years later when the business was known as O.J. Howard and Frank Stearns Funeral Directors.
Francis J. Foley was a director at this firm around 1910, and in 1919 it became O.J. Howard and Foley Funeral Home, located at 105 Main Street.
In June 1945 the funeral home was renamed Frank J. Foley Funeral Home and moved to its current location at 49 Court Street. The Foley family operated the funeral home and ambulance service until January 1975 when Robert and Linda DiLuzio purchased the business from the Foley estate. Mr. DiLuzio has been with the firm since February 1961 and recently celebrated 50 years of service to the community. Mrs. DiLuzio has been with the firm since January 1971.
In September 1999, Mr. and Mrs. DiLuzio sold the business to Keystone Company and continued to operate the funeral division. The ambulance company is still owned privately by the DiLuzio family. In 2008, Mr. DiLuzio was promoted to regional area manager for Keystone Company and was responsible for overseeing the management of six funeral homes in New Hampshire and Vermont. In October 2009, Keystone Company became part of Service Corporation International. Mr. DiLuzio continues as a general manager and Mrs. DiLuzio as the office manager.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.