History of Forest Lawn West Cemetery
Forest Lawn West Cemetery was founded in 1935 on a beautiful property with gently rolling hills and lush green lawns. Shortly thereafter, construction began on the community mausoleum which was completed in 1937. Forest Lawn West Cemetery has been known over the years for its lovely upright monument sections. Flat bronze marker sections have been added to the cemetery, along with lawn crypt sections as well as five outdoor mausoleums. . In 2006, we built a lovely new facility that houses cemetery offices as well as a funeral home and crematory.
We are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.