In 1928, George Frisbie and Ben E.H. Warren founded Frisbie & Warren Mortuary at the corner of San Joaquin and Acacia streets. In 1929, they moved the business to the corner of Miner and North American, where it remained until 1941.
Because of the continued growth of the business, the mortuary was moved to its present location at 809 North California Street. Through the years, the business continued to expand and a new chapel was added in 1959.
Don Spellmon purchased the funeral home that same year and operated it until 1974 when he sold the business to Max Carroll. Mr. Carroll subsequently sold the mortuary to Service Corporation International in 1986. Since that time, SCI has continued the tradition of service excellence to the community of Stockton.
We are now a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. As such, we offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.