History of Gipson Funeral Home
The year was 1911 when Marcus Twain Gipson became a mortician and joined W.M. Glenn's hardware and furniture store to assist with funerals handled by the firm. In 1934, he acquired the funeral business and named it Gipson Funeral Home. Mr. Gipson became a well respected man around Lufkin and formulated a business that would become a leader in the community. Mr. Gipson died in 1950, at which time the family business was turned over to his son, Elwyn. With Elwyn Gipson at the helm, Gipson Funeral Home became a premiere funeral establishment, setting high standards for years to come.