History of Given-Dawson-Paisley Funeral Home
On July 1, 1981, Given Funeral Home purchased the Dawson Funeral Home, located at 186 Park Ave., Coshocton, Ohio and formed what is Given-Dawson Funeral Home.
Dawson Funeral Home was founded by the late Arthur Dawson in Coshocton, Ohio and was later joined by his son, Robert T. Dawson (1917-2005), and then by Robert’s son, R. Stephen Dawson, who joined the firm in 1964, until his retirement in December of 2004. In 2015, R. Stephen Dawson was awarded by the State of Ohio, his 50 years of Funeral Directing certificate.
Given Funeral Home was formed in 1970, by William D. Given (1928-2008), after purchasing the Glass Funeral Home on Main Street in Coshocton, Ohio and in 1974 he purchased the O’Neil Funeral Home on Main Street in West Lafayette, Ohio.
William D. Given was then joined by his sons, William (Bill) Given in 1974 and Robert (Bob) Given in 1976. Both remain active with the firm.
In June of 2008, Jessica Paisley joined Given-Dawson Funeral Home as a funeral director and become the firms current General Manager in 2012.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.