Gorsline Runciman Funeral Homes was founded in 1903 in Williamston, Michigan. Originally, the business included a furniture store and funeral home.
When Claude and Ray Gorsline joined the company in 1914, the firm became known as Gorsline Brothers. Claude and Ray also owned and operated the first Ford Agency, boasting the first gasoline pump in Williamston.
In 1925, Claude and Ray formed a partnership with Clyde W. Runciman, and bought out the Wood and Peck funeral home on the corner of Michigan and Eighth streets in Lansing.
In 1972, Mason-based Ball-Dunn Funeral Home merged with Gorsline-Runciman. The Mason establishment became known as the Gorsline Runciman Ball-Dunn Chapel. In 1985, Gorsline Runciman purchased the DeWitt Chapel.