Gray Brown-Service Mortuary and Crematory was established in 1897, originally known as Smith Funeral Home. Situated on Noble Street, the funeral home was initially operated out of the back of a furniture store. In the 1920s, the firm was renamed Smith-Usrey Funeral Home. Following several more relocations, the funeral home moved to its current residence at 1329 Wilmer Avenue in 1943.
In 1958, we became Gray Brown-Service Mortuary, and in 1997, we developed our own crematory making it Gray Brown-Service Mortuary and Crematory. Today, we are proud to be part of the Dignity Memorial® national network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are committed to exceeding expectations and delivering a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed.