Founded in 1927 by Homer P. Miller, Greenlawn Memorial Park is well-known for its lovely tower entrance, beautiful gardens with granite features and hundreds of pine trees throughout the cemetery. Located on 100 acres, Greenlawn has 42 developed acres adorned with bronze memorials.
Greenlawn’s first burial was in 1930. In 1957, additional ground was purchased, which will enable Greenlawn to serve Allen County families well into the future. Today, we have almost 23,000 interments.
The current administration building was opened in 1959 and our first garden mausoleum was dedicated in 1963. In 1962, our “Avenue of Flags” was created, which are on display at various times throughout the year. The main chapel mausoleum was opened in 1969 with multiple additions being added to the structure. A second chapel mausoleum, Chapel of the Cross, was dedicated in 1988. The latest enhancement was in 2007 with the “serenity” addition.