In 1906, the Arizona Lodge No. 2, of the Free and Accepted Masons, established Greenwood Memorial Park. Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, a modern crematorium, columbarium, mausoleum and adjoining property were added.
In 1947, the Shumway Family established Memory Lawn Memorial Park to the west of Greenwood Memorial Park. To better serve the community, the Shumway Family added a Mortuary in 1957. Later in 1963, Memory Mausoleum & Chapel was erected on the park-like grounds.
The two cemeteries, which were separated by a fence, joined together in 1989, thus creating the largest cemetery in Arizona, Greenwood Memory Lawn Mortuary & Cemetery.
Today, Greenwood Memory Lawn Mortuary & Cemetery is an honored Dignity Memorial® provider dedicated to providing funeral, cremation and cemetery service in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.