Guardian Funeral Homes started in 1932 in downtown Oklahoma City by a group of businessmen. Our founders had the foresight to realize the benefit of planning funeral arrangements in advance, and made this service available in many creative ways to the people of Oklahoma City and surrounding areas.
Over time, the city started moving west and north. In the late 1960s, Guardian purchased an existing funeral home and Guardian West operated out of that building until 1976 when it was destroyed by a fire.
Guardian West moved to a new, modern location at 5820 Northwest 41st St, west of its former building and continues to serve families from the Warr Acres, Bethany, West and Northwest Oklahoma City area. As an added service, we strive to provide families with information regarding genealogy, using the records we have on hand.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are committed to exceeding expectations and delivering a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed. Everyone at Guardian West Funeral Home is proud to uphold our heritage and commitment to our community.