History of Hardage-Giddens Town & Country Funeral Home
Hardage-Giddens Town & Country Funeral Home, originally owned by Morlan International, opened its doors in April 1986, with the first service held in May 1986. An open house officiated by the head of the Ministerial Alliance of Jacksonville, Florida, was held in May 2009.
In its early days, the funeral home was managed by Ken and Cheryl Ward. Town & Country Funeral Home was acquired from Morlan International by an affiliate of Service Corporation International. It then became a member of the Hardage-Giddens family of funeral homes, and ultimately became a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.
Riverside Memorial Park was founded in 1931 by Marion Permenter Sr. who owned and managed the cemetery until his death in 1956. Marion Permenter Jr. then managed the family-owned cemetery until 1984. Riverside Memorial Park was acquired by an affiliate of Service Corporation International in 1987. An old city cemetery, called Old Gravely Hil, sits on the property and is maintained by the City of Jacksonville. There are several Confederate soldiers buried in Old Gravely Hill cemetery, which is on the Registry of Historic sites.