One of Rhinelander’s oldest businesses, Hildebrand Funeral Home opened its doors in 1888 at its first location on Brown Street in downtown Rhinelander. The original business was founded by Francis A. Hildebrand (1858-1930), only four years after the incorporation of the city. When sons Leo and Francis joined their father, the firm became known as F.A. Hildebrand and Sons. A third son, Joseph, an attorney, came to work with the family when brother Francis left for California. Together they incorporated the business into Hildebrand Furniture and Undertaking Company in 1926.
In 1942, Hildebrand Funeral Home moved to the corner of Davenport and Pelham streets. A new brick building was constructed in 1955 at the present location of 24 E. Davenport Street.
Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.