The heritage of Hosselton Funeral Home began in 1890. W.D. DeSelms operated the funeral business out of a small room in the back of the store building, which was previously the NAPA store. In 1921, he sold the funeral business to Warren Crippen who held his first funeral on February 5, 1921. Mr. DeSelms stayed on as the embalmer until Mr. Crippen could complete his education at Worsham’s School in Chicago.
In 1940, Mr. Crippen purchased the Clay house, where the current funeral home is now located. Mr. Crippin sold the Crippin Funeral Home to Everett and Mabel Long in 1944. They sold the Crippin-Long Funeral Home to Gene and Audrey DeSelms in 1971. The DeSelms family owned and operated the DeSelms Funeral Homes in Cisne more than 70 years.
After Mr. DeSelms’ death in 1947, his son, Harry, continued in the funeral profession. Harry died in 1952 and left the business to his two sons, Gene and Vernon, who continued the operation of the funeral home until Vernon decided to follow another career. Gene continued in the funeral business.
John Hosselton, a Wayne County native, and his wife, Darlene, purchased the DeSelms Funeral Home in January 1975, and the name was changed to Hosselton Funeral Home. Throughout the years, continuous changes and improvements have been made to the funeral home to better serve the community
Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.