Johnson Funeral Home was organized in 1954 in a small building on College Street beside the old Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Several years later the old church was purchased in order to expand the funeral home facilities.
In 1964 the funeral home was purchased by Bobby and Doris Johnson. They moved the administrative duties and similar functions to Richlands, North Carolina, and operated it for many years. A new modern facility was constructed on Henderson Drive replacing the original building in Jacksonville in 1996. We currently have operations in both Richlands and Jacksonville.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction