History of Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home
Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home, located at 125 Idletime Drive, Greeneville, combines one of the oldest and one of the newest establishments in the area. Kiser has, without interruption, served Greene County and surrounding counties in Tennessee and North Carolina since 1879. Rose Hill was established in 2001. The combination of the two entities is now known as Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.
Kiser was founded in the mid 1800’s by Col. J. J. Mitchell in conjunction with his furniture emporium on Depot Street. In 1869, J.J. Mitchell, Jr. inherited the business from his father and it was here that Clark M. Kiser, at the age of 18, came to work and subsequently learned the art of embalming and conducting funerals.
Clark Kiser, who purchased the business from the Mitchell family in 1929, opened our former location at 401 West Main Street in 1954. The Kiser family continued to operate the funeral home until it was sold in 1987.
Rose Hill was established in 2001 by Jerry Fortner and Jimmy Cansler. Kiser acquired Rose Hill in 2008, and the locations were combined to form Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home.