History of Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home
In 1928, Leo P. Gallagher Funeral Home was established by community leader Leo P. Gallagher Sr. in Stamford, CT. In 1953, Leo Jr. joined his father in the family firm and continued the tradition of providing a standard of excellence in funeral service. The firm was located on Suburban Avenue for 52 years until a tragic fire forced a relocation to a custom designed facility. Our property’s main entrance arch features a beautiful stained glass window, which was the only salvageable object from the original location.