Since the mid 1900s, the Newby Funeral Home and Marrs Funeral Home have been serving the needs of the residents of Bastrop County, Texas. The Newby Funeral Home did so with two locations, one on Farm Street in downtown Bastrop, and another in Elgin.
In the early 1970s Homer and Margaret Newby purchased the Farm Street funeral home from the Cooper Family in order to expand their business from Elgin. In 1952, Max Jones began working for Marrs Funeral Home in Smithville, Texas. Upon Della Marrs’ retirement, Jones purchased the funeral home, its two burial associations, plus the Marrs and Dean Florist. In 1969, the Jones name was added and the firm became known as Marrs-Jones Funeral Home. In 1988, Marrs-Jones expanded by adding a second location in Bastrop.
Marrs-Jones-Newby Funeral Home began with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. Everyone at Marrs-Jones-Newby Funeral Home is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.