History of Sharon Memorial Park
On December 9, 1939, Dr. William L. Halberstadt founded Sharon Memorial Park Mausoleum and Crematory. Sharon's design was based on the sentiment that the final resting place of our loved ones should be one of quiet beauty and an everlasting garden spot that breathes happy memories and tells the story of life. To accomplish this, upright monuments and tombstones were not allowed. Graves were marked with flat bronze markers on concrete foundations in a setting landscaped and kept with park-like conditions. Bronze markers are now installed on granite foundations and upright monuments are allowed at Lakeside and the Holy Redeemer Garden. The cemetery consists of 133 acres, of which approximately 80 acres have been developed.
Dr. Halberstadt began with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history, we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. The staff of Sharon Memorial Park is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.