History of Memory Chapel Funeral Home
In 1957, C.L. Walton began development of Memory Hill Gardens on 50 acres of land on what was then called the “U.S. 11 Bypass.” Mr. Walton continued to develop Memory Hill Gardens until his death in 1959. Max Biggs continued to expand and develop the perpetual-care cemetery. With foresight that was unheard of in that day, and the convenience of our families in mind, Mr. Biggs began the addition of what was to become the first cemetery and funeral home combination in the state of Alabama, with the addition of Memory Chapel Funeral Home in 1966. With more than 50 years of service to families, and as one of the largest cemetery and funeral home combinations in the area, the Memory Chapel Funeral Home and Memory Hill Gardens family continues to serve families with compassion and care.
Today, we're proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.