Montclair-Lucania Funeral Home was founded in 1933 by two brothers, Vincent and Joseph Lucania. The original funeral home was located at 409 W. North Ave (near Sedgewick) in the Old Town neighborhood of Chicago.
The Lucania brothers grew the business and became known in the Italian community for providing caring, compassionate service. In 1955, Vincent observed that many Italians were moving northwest and west of the center of Chicago and decided to move with them. His brother Joseph didn’t want to move, so Vincent started the new business on his own. In 1957 he built a redbrick funeral home that covers an entire city block at 6901 W. Belmont in Chicago. It has four spacious chapels in two wings with a center lobby. Vincent’s son Joseph, who was only 13 at the time, watched his father oversee the process of construction. He followed his father into the family business in 1967 and to this day remains a dedicated funeral director serving families in this community.
Montclair-Lucania Funeral Home began with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. Everyone at Montclair-Lucania Funeral Home is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.