Morningside Memorial Gardens

11800 University Ave North, Coon Rapids, MN 55448 | 763-755-1700 | MAP

 
 
 
History of Morningside Memorial Gardens
Morningside Memorial Gardens was established in 1963. The first burial took place in 1964 and there have been approximately 5,000 burials at Morningside since then.

Morningside began as a 10-acre cemetery. The first garden developed was the Garden of Faith. A special section, Field of Honor, was added in 1968. This section was devoted to our veterans who lost their lives in the line of duty. A granite wall honoring all branches of the armed forces was added in 1972. Also in 1972, our Babyland Garden, which can be identified by the brass sculpture of a little boy and a baby lamb located on the garden’s edge, was added. Our Adelaide Robinson Memorial Chapel was constructed in 1973. The chapel was donated to the cemetery by Adelaide Robinson in honor of her late husband, Guy.

By 1976, the gardens of Memory Lawn and Liberty had been developed. The Garden of Liberty can be recognized by a replica of the Liberty Bell that sits in the heart of the garden. There are only four known replicas of the Liberty Bell in the United States, and we’re proud to be the recipient of one of these historic items.

The city of Coon Rapids gave approval for expansion of Morningside Memorial Gardens in 1977, and in 1978 excavation was begun to develop and install concrete vaults in the Garden of Serenity. This was followed by the Garden of Freedom (for our veterans) and the gardens of Peace and Tranquility.

A full-service office building was constructed in 1983, and then remodeled in 1998. Also in 1998, we completed construction of the Mausoleum of Angels, which allows for above-ground entombment and interment. The final garden development was the Garden of Oak Lawn. This lovely garden, which allows for upright monuments, is set in a grove of mighty oaks.

When cremation became popular in the1990s, we installed cremation wall niches at Morningside. The first of our columbaria was installed on our Garden of Serenity "island.” These wall niches are available for both single and companion interments. The final above-ground burial addition to the cemetery was added in 2008 when a private estate was installed. This two-person mausoleum is available to any family interested in having the opportunity for more privacy and personalization.

Contact Us

Email Us

763-755-1700

Click here for directions to this location.

Dignity Memorial®
Personal Planning Guide

Record your choices for your final arrangements and essential estate and personal information.


Event Calendar

Join us at our upcoming events, or call for more information.

Lc:#6261