History of Moss Feaster Funeral Home and Cremation Services
In 1932, Jack Moss founded Moss Funeral Home with his wife, Ann D. Moss. Mrs. Moss was one of the first female funeral directors in the State of Florida. Mr. Moss was born in Troy, Tennessee and was a descendant of Davy Crockett.
Their first funeral home was built in Clearwater, Florida at 811 N. Ft. Harrison. Then in 1939, they had a new building constructed at 802 N. Ft. Harrison. It was the first structure in this area to be built expressly as a funeral home and one of the first buildings in Clearwater to have air conditioning. Another chapel was later established in Dunedin as Moss Dunedin Chapel, and still another on South Belcher Road.
In 1973, Jack Moss was named a recipient of the Bilgore Award, given annually by the Bilgore family in recognition of service to the community. Over the years, Moss helped many young people of the community achieve higher education, and some are now business owners and professionals living here today.