History of New Britain Memorial-Sagarino Funeral Home
Blogoslowski Funeral Home, now known as New Britain Memorial-Sagarino Funeral Home, was established in 1900. In the mid 1960’s, the funeral home was relocated to its current address of 444 Farmington Avenue. The new location was state-of-the-art and built from the ground up as a funeral home, which was a first of its kind in the area.
In 1986, the owner of the funeral home, Walter Blogaslowski, decided to join the network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers that would become the Dignity Memorial® network. In 1997, the Donald D. Sagarino Funeral Home, located on North Street was moved into the New Britain Memorial Funeral Home to form the New Britain Memorial-Sagarino Funeral Home.