History of Nicoletti, Culjis & Herberger Funeral Home
A.J. Nicoletti joined Fred Cippa in 1932 to establish the Cippa & Nicoletti Funeral Home, located at 27th and O Streets in Sacramento, California. When Mr. Cippa sold his share of the funeral business to Mr. Nicoletti, property was purchased in East Sacramento, and construction began of the A.J. Nicoletti Funeral Home at 5401 Folsom Blvd. Mr. Nicoletti opened for business on March 1, 1960.
The Miller, Skelton and Herberger Funeral Home was established in 1869; it merged with N.G. Culjis Funeral Home in 1987. The Culjis, Miller, Skelton and Herberger Funeral Home, Chapel of the Valley, was located at 1530 Alhambra Boulevard. The property was sold to the Sacramento Blood Bank, located next door to the Funeral Home. This sale in 1997 created the merger that resulted in Nicoletti, Culjis and Herberger Funeral Home.
Today, we are owned by an affiliate of Service Corporation International and are a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.