History of Ourso Funeral Home
Ourso Funeral Home was founded by Sidney Ourso Sr. in 1939 in Donaldsonville, Louisiana, as a partnership with Mr. Milburn Landry. It was known as Landry-Ourso Funeral Home. After the death of Mr. Landry, the partnership was dissolved and it became Ourso Funeral Home, Inc.
The existing Funeral Home located in Donaldsonville was purchased in late 1940. The White Castle establishment was built in 1965 and the Pierre Part establishment was built in 1966 under the management of Falcon Ourso. Ourso Funeral Home in Gonzales was purchased in 1965 by the Ourso Family, which was formerly known as the Lecompte-Duplessis Funeral Home in Duplessis, Louisiana.
Today, we’re proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are committed to exceeding expectations and delivering a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed.