History of Pat H. Foley & Company
The firm of Pat H. Foley & Co. was organized in 1936 under the name of Perry-Foley Funeral Home, and incorporated as Pat H. Foley & Co., Inc., in January of 1942 with Pat H. Foley, President; Jos. A. Smith, Vice President; Wm. H. Smith, Vice President; and Mrs. Pat C. Foley, Secretary-Treasurer. This original chapel was later named “The Chapel of the Angels.”
Pat H. Foley was born Nov. 26, 1912. He attended St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, and graduated from the University of Houston in 1936. After graduating from the Landig College of Mortuary Science in 1934, he obtained his Funeral Directors and Embalmers license from the State of Texas.
Mr. Foley was a long time booster of Preferred Funeral Directors International, serving for one year as Vice President, and then elected President in 1963. He served one term as Chairman of the Board of Directors, and also served several years on the Board of Directors. Mr. Foley was also active in many local civic and social organizations.
In 1946, our firm opened “Chapel of the Chimes,” followed by “Chapel of the Roses” in 1960, and “Chapel of the Garden” in 1965.