In 1955, Frank Perna opened the original Perna Funeral Home on Massachusetts Avenue on Buffalo’s west side. He ran a successful funeral home business there until 1970. In 1963, a second location was built on Hertel Avenue in north Buffalo.
In 2004, Frank’s daughter, Constance Perna-Pellegrino and her husband, Michael Pellegrino, opened the state of the art Perna-Pellegrino Funeral Home at 1671 Maple Road in Williamsville. At that time, the Hertel Avenue location and the Maple Road location became known as the Perna-Pellegrino Funeral Homes.
In August 2008, the Perna-Pellegrino Funeral Homes joined with the Dengler & Roberts Funeral Home group as part of the Dignity Memorial network of funeral home providers. In July of 2009, our funeral homes were officially renamed Perna, Dengler, Roberts Funeral Homes.
Our funeral homes continue to operate under the guidance and expertise of Constance Perna.