In 1924, Napoleon Washington Mizell founded what is now Mizell-Faville-Zern Funeral Home & Cremation Service. Mizell, known as "Uncle Moe," was the holder of funeral director's license number 49, and became a lifetime member of the Florida Funeral Directors Association.
In September 1934, Mizell formed a corporation with C.K Simon named Mizell-Simon Mortuary, Inc., located at 413 Hibiscus Street in West Palm Beach, Florida. In 1945, Lawrence S. Faville entered into the corporation structure and the name changed once again to Mizell-Simon-Faville Mortuary, Inc.
Mizell-Simon-Faville Mortuary, Inc. purchased an old motel and converted it into the Northwood Chapels of Mizell Simon Faville in 1948. C.K Simon died in 1950 and his widow, Agnes, eventually sold her stock to the corporation, dropping the Simon name from the corporation.
In 1959, William R. Zern entered into the corporation and the name was changed to Mizell-Faville-Zern Mortuary, Inc. An affiliate of Service Corporation International acquired Mizell-Faville-Zern in 1974 after Uncle Moe and Lawrence Faville passed away. William Zern resides with the company as a mentor, consultant and a funeral director. These three important men, who served the community with dignity for more than 85 years, remain a constant reminder to provide the best service and support to local families and the community
In 2005, a new Mizell-Faville-Zern Funeral Home was built on the property of Hillcrest Memorial Park.