History of Rosedale Funeral Home
The first tract of land was purchased November 26, 1928, by John L. Lightner who lived in Maryland. Before it was a cemetery, the land was part of the Dailey Phillips farm. The farm and cemetery were incorporated in 1928 as Rosedale Cemetery Co. According to records, the first burial was on April 24, 1929. The funeral home was built in the 1970s, allowing Rosedale Funeral Home and Cemetery to become a full-service provider in the Eastern Panhandle. Today, we're proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.