History of Roswell Funeral Home
Roswell Funeral Home has a long history of providing funeral services to the community. In 1839, the Roswell Manufacturing Company was founded, which later became known as the Roswell Mill. Unassembled caskets were sold at the Roswell Mill Store, which led to the store's opening of a funeral home. In 1935, Roswell Funeral Home moved out of the store and built a new location on the historic Roswell Square. After the current location on Mansell Road opened in 1989, a partnership between Roswell Funeral Home and Green Lawn Cemetery, which was incorporated in 1960, was created to become the only true funeral home and cemetery combination in the area. For more than a century, Roswell Funeral Home has provided professional and caring service. We began with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service.
The cemetery had three original gardens and has since expanded to 26 separate sections. The first mausoleum was built in 1963 and subsequent mausoleums have followed to serve the needs of the expanding community. In 1987, 30 of the original 53 acres were developed, and streets and curbs were installed. The two beautiful lakes were then created and the entrance on Mansell road was also developed. Green Lawn Cemetery continues to improve the offerings for the families we are privileged to serve. Most recently, the New Garden of Memories opened to the public, offering upright monument, cremation and private estates. An interesting fact about Green Lawn Cemetery is that the largest stalk of cotton in the state of Georgia was picked on the property and now sits under a glass dome in the Capital Building in downtown Atlanta.
Today, we're proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. We are committed to exceeding expectations and delivering a standard of service that is 100 percent guaranteed.